Length: 5 Days
Course Capacity: 24
It is the intent of Resolve Maritime Academy to provide realistic and practical training that is specific to our operation and core business values. Through classroom instruction and practical exercises, the Basic and Advance Marine Firefighting course will cover the four core components of safety as required under the STCW 95 standards and USCG regulations.
The course is open to mariners who are working in the maritime industry. This course provides the necessary training to meet the Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) code, table A-VI/3 and satisfies the USCG requirement (46CFR Part 10) for license upgrade and renewal and fulfills the STCW-95 Basic Safety Training requirements for firefighting.
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to develop a realistic shipboard fire prevention program, effectively organize fire teams and respond to fires aboard a ship. The course is limited to mariners who are employees of the maritime industry. Additionally, all personnel wishing to enroll in this course must be physically fit.
A course completion certificate will be issued to the student upon successful completion of all course requirements and assessments.
A mariner who successfully completes the course will satisfy the following requirements:
1. Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
2. Advanced Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/3;
3. Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
4. Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3);
5. Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.303(a); and
6. Firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3).