Fast Rescue Boat – USCG
Resolve Academy’s Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat Course is a combination of didactic and practical
training. This program is designed to meet the minimum necessary requirements for
the issuance of certificates of Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats as required by Chapter
VI Table A-V1/2-2 of the International convention on Standards and Training,
Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1995.
The objectives of the Fast Boat Rescue course are designed to educate the student to the
standards set in Chapter VI section A-VI/2-2 of the International Convention on
Standards and Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1995, and
secondly to help the student meet their obligation to other regulatory agencies and
As a condition of acceptance to the class, the student must meet
the following requirements:
- Be medically fit to the standards of their Flag state or Authority Having Jurisdiction
(AHJ), over the student.
- Must have a BST certificate of completion for Personal Survival Techniques, and
Elementary First Aid and CPR or acceptable equivalent.
- The student must be able to speak and read English.
- While not mandatory to be accepted in the class an endorsement for successful
completion of a sanctioned course in proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue
Boats is highly recommended.
To pass this course a candidate must:
- The student must have satisfactorily met the course objectives if he or she scores
a course average of 80% on written exams. A minimum of 70% on each written
examination is required to pass the particular component.
- Course examinations are administered and controlled by the instructional
staff. Course examinations will be changed periodically to ensure the exams
have not been compromised.
- Students who cannot read sufficiently to pass the examination will be given a
verbal examination. Someone from the corporate office will administer the verbal
- The majority of the practical exercises undertaken during this course are team-oriented.
Active participation in all practical exercises will be considered passing. Students having
trouble performing a particular skill will be given individual attention by the instructional staff.
A course completion certificate will be issued to the student upon successful completion
of all course requirements and assessments.
The expected class size for this course is twelve (12) students.
The maximum class size is twelve (12). The minimum class size is six (6) students.
The typical student-to-instructor ratio is six (6) students per instructor during
practical exercises. During these exercises, there will always be a minimum of two
(2) instructors present. The student-instructor ratio will never exceed six (6) students
per instructor during practical exercises.
CFR requirements to qualify for an STCW endorsement in proficiency in fast rescue boats.
Other safety courses can be found here: Resolve Academy Safety Courses.
Certificate of Approval.