STCW Basic Safety Training
Resolve Academy’s Basic Safety Training comprises of the following:
- First Aid/CPR – 1 Day
- Water Survival – 1 1/2 Days
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities – 1/2 Day
- Basic Fire Fighting – 2 Days
The Basic Safety Training course provides the necessary training to meet the Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW 2010) code, tables A-VI/1-1 through A-VI/1-4 as required by the USCG and the IMO.
This course provides the mariner with the basic safety skills and knowledge required to be an effective team member, before being assigned aboard a ship. Basic safety training and familiarization are provided in the areas of personal survival techniques, fire prevention and firefighting, first aid /CPR, and personal safety & social responsibilities.
The program design allows mariners to complete the four modules individually or within 5 days.
Please call for further information or individual module pricing. (40 hours total)
A mariner who successfully completes the course will satisfy the following requirements:
- Basic Training per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
- Basic Training per 46 CFR 11.302(a) and 46 CFR 12.602(a);
- Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2)[Basic only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3);
- The firefighting requirements for a national tankerman; endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3); and
- The first aid and CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1).
The Revalidation Course can be found here: Basic Safety Training Revalidation